Pain is a prescription sedative medication. It is the brand name of Zolpidem, which is a medication primarily used for the short-term management of sleeping problems. The doctors prescribe Ambien after trying counseling and behavioral changes. Ambien affects chemicals in the human brain that may be unbalanced in the people with sleep problems.
You may buy Ambien online in both immediate and extended-release forms. The immediate-release form of Ambien is used to help you fall asleep when you first go to bed. And the extended-release tablets come in a combination of two layers. The first layer dissolves immediately and enables you to fall asleep at once when you go to bed, and the second dissolves slowly to help you stay asleep for the whole night.
What are the ingredients in Ambien?
This sedative medication contains a few active and inactive ingredients.
- Active ingredients: Zolpidem tartrate
- Inactive ingredients: there are some inactive ingredients in the Ambien, including Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, sodium starch glycolate, polyethylene glycol, and titanium dioxide.
It will help if you consult with the doctor about which form of the drug is suitable for you before taking the medication.
In the United States, Ambien is a schedule IV-controlled substance under the controlled substance act of 1970.
This sedative medication is available in 2 different dosages 5 mg and 10 mg. People can Order Ambien Online in following strengths:
- 5 mg tablet: This strength is available as capsule-shaped, pink-colored, film-coated, and imprinted AMB 5 on one side and 5401 on another side.
- NDC for a bottle of 100: 0024-5401-31
- 10 mg tablet: This strength of the drug is available as capsule-shaped, white-colored, film-coated, and imprinted “AMB 10” at one side of the tablet and 5421 on another side.
- NDC for a bottle of 100: 0024-5421-31
How should I take Ambien?
Patients should take this medication exactly as prescribed by medical professionals or doctors. You should not use this medication for a more extended period than prescribed or in a larger dosage than prescription.
You may take this medication by mouth with or without food. You are taking the drug with food decrease the risk of adverse effects.
Points to be noted while Using Ambien Precautions.
- Patients are advised to take the drug as proper as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take too lesser or more significant dosage than required.
- You should read all the instructions and information, written in your medication guide or prescription label before using the drug.
- Ambien contains high potential drug Zolpidem that may be habit-forming. Misuse of this drug can cause addiction, overdose even death
- Do not take this medication if you do not have enough time (7-8) hours to sleep.
- You should not stop taking the drug at once. It may cause severe withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not crush, chew, or break a tablet.
The half-life of a drug substance is a standard measure of how long it takes a dose to reduce in the body by half-life. The half-life of this medication is about 2.5 (range 1.4 hours to 4.5 hours) hours on average. It is only an estimated time that could be changed according to the individual’s physical, mental, and medical conditions.
How long does It (Ambien) stay in your system?
Based on the half-life estimate, Ambien could take approximately 10 to 14 hours to eliminate from your system entirely. Ambien life may be variable in different types of users and their physical, mental, and medical conditions.
- Ambien may be detectable in some kinds of body parts even after the system’s elimination timeout.
- Urine testing: up to 72 hours after using the drug
- Hair testing: about 3 to 5 weeks after using the medicine (hairs must at least 3 centimeters in length)
- Saliva testing: up to 8 hours after use
- Blood testing: within a few hours of use
Side effects of Ambien
In some adverse conditions, Ambien may cause several side effects. Ambien side effects do not occur usually but may possible when taking drugs improperly.
Using Ambien in larger dosages may cause some familiar to severe unwanted effects including,
- A feeling of being drugged.
- Blurry vision.
- Slowed breathing
- Slowed heartbeat
- Joint pain, especially in the back or neck.
- Lack of balance.
- Severe cramps or Muscle aches.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Burning, Pain, or numbness in the hands, arms, legs, or feet.
- Severed drowsiness,
- Ringing or pain in the ears.
- Loss of consciousness
- Doing behaviors while sleeping
- Unsteadiness or clumsiness
- severe, burning, or painful urination
- difficulty with moving
- difficulty with swallowing
- lack or Loss of self-control
- dry mouth
- lack or Loss of strength
- swollen joints
- trouble concentrating
- vision changes, etc.
It is not a full list of side effects of Ambien. There are some chances of other unwanted effects during the treatment. You are advised to take immediate medical help if you have any abnormal changes while using such a drug.